Saturday, December 10, 2005


Well it's been a while and the camera is full so I guess that means I should post some pictures and empty the card. We had a good week here. It is beginning to look a little like Christmas. There are two Christmas stores in the Old City, right by our place, that are now open and are even a few Christmas trees up in the restaurants in the Christian Quarter. The rest of Jerusalem looks much the same as always. Anyway, last weekend we headed to the Armenian Compound/Church in the Armenian Quarter of the Old City for one of their daily services. The Church is about 1000 years old and is very beautiful. You are allowed to take some pictures, but a lot of mine were a bit crooked because I was trying to be somewhat discreet. They are a bit blurry too because of the lighting I had to hold pretty still.


On our way to the Church we caught a glimpse of Steel Town...



Jer entering the Armenian compound above. And below are some of the living quarters.


Anyway, I guess that's it for today. My camera just went dark, and I don't know why so I will post some more pictures on Monday. Merry Christmas to the Penner side today!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pictures! Thanks, we did have a Merry Christmas!!Always to short. We'll be spending Christmas with you in less than two weeks!

5:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my favourite Church, and important to me as well. It was the first Orthodox Church I entered. Not too many years later, knowing that Menno was watching, I became Orthodox.

4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home